Click Here to Apply to Current Job Openings
Join our team…Have fun!
Imagine the excitement and satisfaction of what you can do and the difference you can make in the life of others.
- The Morton Grove Park District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer a variety of full-time, part-time, seasonal, internship, and volunteer opportunities.
- We are looking for service focused team members who know the importance of community.
- We strictly adhere to an online application process. If you are interested in applying for an opportunity, you must complete the online job application. (link below)
- Your online application will be kept for one year after completion.
- Due to the amount of applications that we receive, after submitting your online application, you will be sent an e-mail message confirming the successful submission of your application. You will be contacted only if we are considering you for a specific position.
The Morton Grove Park District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment with the Park District is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, age, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, national origin, martial status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
- FINANCE COORDINATOR
- RECREATION/FITNESS CENTER ATTENDANT
- BEFORE AND AFTER SCHOOL LEADERS
- PART TIME WEEKEND MAINTENANCE
- GYMNASTICS INSTRUCTOR
- PERSONAL TRAINER
Job ID: 434 Apply
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Prairie View Community Center
- · The Finance Coordinator assists the Superintendent of Finance and is primarily responsible for detailed operations of payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, computer data input assistance, bank reconciliation, and other special projects. The Finance Coordinator is a full-time position.
Three to five years of office experience with strong Microsoft, Excel and Word skills. Detailed knowledge of payroll, accounting and data processing is desirable along with strong written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to work independently. Candidate must possess a valid Illinois driver’s license with no revocation or suspension within the last three years.
The Finance Coordinator reports to the Superintendent of Finance.
- Receives and maintains all payroll changes and collects all payroll information (wage and time) and calculates gross salary.
- Responsible for Asset Management and entry.
- Enters all payroll data into computer system and processes payroll checks and registers.
- Does all payroll deduction calculations.
- Remits all checks and ACHs to correct agencies for FIT, SIT, FICA, IMRF, Deferred Comp and the Credit Union.
- Processes all purchase order requests and purchase orders.
- Gathers, maintains and processes all invoices and enters all accounts payable data into computer system.
- Processes all payable checks and sends to appropriate vendors. Runs register and final reports.
- Handles all inquiries regarding payment of invoices.
- Process deposits for administration office and checks all deposits made at the registration desk and enters all data into computer system.
- At month end balances all deposits to control accounts, registers, and ledgers.
- Assists the external auditors by providing any requested documentation and responding to any inquiries.
- Completes all required tax forms such as 941 and 941C.
- Prepares all 1099 forms and remits them to the proper party.
- Enters cleared checks into the system.
- Responsible for bank reconciliations.
- Prepares the Receipts and Disbursements report..
- Responsible for uploading positive pay files and clearing checks.
- Notarizes any official documentation as requested.
- Reconciles cash daily.
- At month end, balances all deposits to control accounts, registers, and ledgers.
- Controls cash receipts of administration office including facility rentals.
- Must be aware of potential and existing safety hazards on the job and attempt to eliminate them.
Answers phones and greets visitors in reception office on occasion during lunch breaks or staff vacation or absence.
The Finance Coordinator will experience periods of heavy workload such as summer payroll input, month and year-end report time and preparation of account payable (invoice list) for monthly board meetings.
Long periods of sitting during computer input that may also involve eyestrain.
Worker performs most activities indoors. Indoor environmental conditions will include lighting, temperature, and noise.
The worker must be able to give directions and communicate clearly.
Non-Exempt Salary Range $36,000-$52,000
Job ID: 382 Apply
Position Type: Recreation/Fitness Center Attendent
Date Posted: 9/20/2017
Location: Prairie View Community Center
- The Fitness Attendant is responsible for fitness center supervision.
The Fitness Attendant will scan members into the club, and focus on providing members with a positive and safe experience. They will ensure the facility is clean and the equipment is in good working condition.The Fitness Attendant will notice and report any concerns regarding equipment, fitness room, locker rooms, policies, members, in a timely manner. Will maintain rapport with members, and have contact with each member every visit. Orientate new members to fitness equipment and demonstrate appropriate and safe exercises. Assist with towel service and fitness center maintenance and cleaning.This is a part time position, must be available to open 4:30am – 9:00am on Thursdays and Fridays.. Weekend shifts also available..Please apply on line at mortongroveparks.com
Job ID: 312 Apply
Position Type: BEFORE AND AFTER SCHOOL LEADERS
Date Posted: 6/3/2017
The Morton Grove Park District is seeking a mature, creative and responsible individual who loves working with children. Do you like the idea of getting paid to play? If so we
have the job for you! We are seeking team members to work with the before school program (6:45 – 8:30) and after school programs (2:45pm-6:00 pm), Monday through Friday or 3 days per week.
Hours vary by school location, 15-20 hours per week and all shifts available.
If you enjoy children and want to make a difference in a child’s life, please apply online at mortongroveparks.com, questions contact Laura Kee 847-965-0538
- Assist in the scheduling, organizing, and implementation of the daily activities
- Develop and lead new and creative activities.
- Promote the philosophy of the B.A.S.E program.
- Enforce all B.A.S.E. program rules and regulations.
- Be a good role model for all B.A.S.E. participants.
- Maintain site in a well-groomed manner
Several shifts available.
Job ID: 388 Apply
Position Type: PARKS
Date Posted: 9/11/2017
Location: Prairie View Community Center
The Part-Time Facility Maintenance Attendant is responsible for performing a variety of tasks to maintain the cleanliness of the Prairie View Community Center. Occasionally the Building Attendant will be required to perform other general maintenance tasks and repairs. Ability to lift in the medium range (45 lbs).
Must be available Saturday and Sunday 1 pm – 7 pm.
High school diploma or equivalent required. One year previous building custodial experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
The Custodian is responsible for performing a variety of tasks to maintain the cleanliness, general appearance indoors and outdoors, and the efficient maintenance operation of the Community Center. Occasionally the Custodian will be required to perform other tasks and repairs requested by the Administration Office and Fitness Club Supervisory personnel. The Custodian may perform duties in the medium/heavy work level (lifting over 75 lbs.).
The Custodian is a full-time nonexempt position.
High School or Trade School graduate with one year of janitorial or building mechanical equipment maintenance experience. Must be self-motivated with good judgment and works independently. Ability to perform strenuous and varied physical activity, including but not limited to, extensive lifting, standing, walking and climbing.
- Custodial tasks necessary to maintain a clean appearance both on the outside and inside of the Community Center including snow and ice removal.
- Routine maintenance which includes: cleaning, mopping, scrubbing, stripping, waxing, vacuuming, dusting and washing any and all floors, walls, windows, carpeting, washroom fixtures, tables, chairs and any other permanent or movable item or fixture located in the Center facility.
- To check the entire building, both upper and lower level, at periodic intervals during working hours for safety, security and maintenance reasons.
- Must take proper safety precautions and be aware of potential and existing hazards on the job and attempt to eliminate them.
- Positive interaction and cooperation with all Park District staff, the public, and facility patrons.
- Clean all areas as instructed and complete checklists.
- Perform minor building and maintenance repairs as necessary.
- Cleaning of the second level, Administration Offices, may be necessary when requested.
- Help in set-up and take downs of some special events, parties, and programs held at the Community Center.
- Fill maintenance requests as assigned.
$12.00 per hour DOE
Job ID: 309 Apply
Position Type: Recreation
Date Posted: 7/28/2017
Location: Niles West High School
The gymnastics instructor is responsible for providing safe, fun learning experience for participants in all program levels. This is a part time position that may require duties in the medium/heavy work level lifting between 45-75lbs (spotting).
Candidate must be at least 16 years old and have experience in gymnastics as well as previous child oriented experience. CPR certification is required for the head instructor.
The gymnastics instructor is responsible to the Gymnastics Coordinator and the Recreation Supervisor in charge of the particular program they are instructing.
1. Must arrive 15 minutes before the class begins to set up for the activities.
2. Lead or assist in warm ups.
3. Teach and assist participants in class skills according to their abilities.
4. Must keep children engaged throughout the entire class.
5. Be a good role model while in class and encourage children to work up to their potential.
6. Spot children during activities to avoid or lessen potential injuries.
7. Assist with planning of classes to achieve children’s progression throughout each level.
8. Take class attendance when Gymnastics Coordinator is not present.
Job ID: 429 Apply
Position Type: Fitness/Personal Trainer
Date Posted: 11/3/2016
Location: Prairie View Community Center
The Morton Grove Park District is looking for highly motivated, fun, and results driven Personal Trainers.
A Personal Trainer is responsible for creating customized workouts for members/clients that meet their individual health goals in a safe manner. A Personal Trainer is responsible for creating positive and encouraging relationships with each member/client.
High School diploma or equivalent. Maintain a Personal Training Certification in ACSM or equivalent. CPR/AED and First Aid certification necessary (will train).
- Create personalized workouts for each client that meets their individual goals.
- Create a workout that is safe and considers the entire park districts safety standard as well as the client’s personal limitations. Complete accident/Incident reports when necessary.
- Verify training sessions with customer service.
- Demonstrate appropriate and safe exercises and spot client during workout. Secure a spotter if beyond trainers lifting capability.
- Communicate with clients on their personal training schedule.
$25.00 per hour DOE