Click Here to Apply to Current Job Openings
Join our team…Have fun!
Imagine the excitement and satisfaction of what you can do and the difference you can make in the life of others.
- The Morton Grove Park District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer a variety of full-time, part-time, seasonal, internship, and volunteer opportunities.
- We are looking for service focused team members who know the importance of community.
- We strictly adhere to an online application process. If you are interested in applying for an opportunity, you must complete the online job application. (link below)
- Your online application will be kept for one year after completion.
- Due to the amount of applications that we receive, after submitting your online application, you will be sent an e-mail message confirming the successful submission of your application. You will be contacted only if we are considering you for a specific position.
The Morton Grove Park District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment with the Park District is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, age, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, national origin, martial status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
- RENTAL ATTENDENT
- FITNESS CENTER ATTENDENT
- PIANO INSTRUCTOR
- BEFORE & AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAM ATTENDANT
- SEASONAL PARKS LABORER (APRIL THRU NOVEMBER)
Job ID: 346 (Click here to apply)
Position Type: Summer Pool Staff/Lifeguard
Date Posted: 11/28/2018
Provides a safe aquatic experience through rule enforcement, accident prevention and competency in lifesaving skills.
On-site training provided.
- Set up the pool area. This includes putting out equipment, making sure the bathrooms and locker-room are clean and open, installing lane lines,
- Provide exceptional customer service to guests at all times.
- Guard your zone with 10/20 scanning and enforce rules.
- Instructing swim lessons
- Complete accident and rescue reports thoroughly.
- Attending in-service training.
- Clean up at the end of the day putting equipment away and making sure bathrooms and locker rooms are clean.
Must be at least 16, outgoing, a team player and problem solver, have the ability to pass a swimming skill test, and obtain an Ellis Lifeguarding license,
Salary $8.75 – $10.00 per hour DOE approximately 25 to 40 hours per week.
This is a seasonal position working Memorial Day through Labor Day
Click here to apply online
Position Type: Parks
Date Posted: 11/19/2018
The Rental Attendant is responsible for the operation of any and all rentals taking place at the Prairie View Community Center. The Rental Attendant is responsible for performing essential functions as outlined in this analysis. This is a part-time position working 8-10 hours a rental, working a maximum of two rentals a week, usually on Saturdays and Sundays.
The minimum age for the position is 16 years old. Common sense, good judgment, good customer relations, and communication are necessary for this position. Must be able to lift moderate weight (25 lbs.) when setting up tables and chairs. Certification in CPR/AED and First Aid is necessary (will train in-house).
Set up and take down tables and chairs per agreement with rental contract and set up room for next use.
Clean and sanitize tables and chairs.
Remove and dispose of garbage.
Dust and wet mop floors, vacuum carpet in the upstairs hallway.
Clean and sanitize restrooms.
Assist with removal of all decorations.
Clean and sanitize kitchen area when rental group departs.
Check building for unlocked doors and secure all doors upon departure. Set alarm if necessary.
Complete necessary safety document if necessary e.g. accident or incident report and leave a report with the immediate supervisor.
Always perform and complete tasks in a safe manner.
Keep entrance areas clean and obstruction free from garbage, snow, etc. for rental participants to access the building.
Initiate elevator operation upon entering the building and turn off after rental.
Become familiar with building mechanical systems. (community room, activity room, or gym)
Keep rental group in confines of rented space.
Enforce all rules set by the Morton Grove Park District rental contract, calling for assistance of police if necessary.
Complete additional tasks as assigned by Supervisor.
$10.00 an hour
Position Type: Recreation/Fitness Center Attendent
Date Posted: 10/26/2018
Location: Prairie View Community Center
The Fitness Attendant is responsible for fitness center supervision.
The Fitness Attendant will scan members into the club, and focus on providing members with a positive and safe experience. They will ensure the facility is clean and the equipment is in good working condition. The Fitness Attendant will notice and report any concerns regarding equipment, fitness room, locker rooms, policies, members, in a timely manner. Will maintain rapport with members, and have contact with each member every visit. Orientate new members to fitness equipment and demonstrate appropriate and safe exercises. Assist with towel service and fitness center maintenance and cleaning.
This is a part-time position, must be available Tuesday’s and Wednesday’s 2:30 pm – 5:00 pm.
Please apply online at mortongroveparks.com
Position Type: Recreation
Date Posted: 2/14/2018
Location: Prairie View Community Center
Summary: Provide weekly music lessons to students of all ages and abilities.
Bachelor’s degree in Music. 2-3 years of experience teaching students at the beginner, intermediate, and advanced levels. Must possess strong communication skills and effective personal skills for working with students who range from young children to adults.
1. Provide 30 minute to 60 minute weekly music lessons to students all ages and abilities.
2. Assess student skill and music knowledge during the initial meeting.
3. Provide appropriate teaching of music theory and instrument instruction so that students can progress toward their musical goal.
4. Prepare students for student recitals.
5. Communication with students regarding concerns, missed classes, etc.
6. Have effective time management skills to ensure that classes are met on time.
7. Be highly organized to keep track of any changes to their weekly schedule.
Starting $25.00 DOE
MUST BE AVAILABLE ON SATURDAY MORNINGS.
Apply online at mortongroveparks.com
Job ID: 312 Apply
The Morton Grove Park District is seeking a mature, creative and responsible individual who loves working with children. Do you like the idea of getting paid to play? If so we
have the job for you! We are seeking team members to work with the before school program (6:45 – 8:30 after-school school programs (2:45pm-6: 00 pm), Monday through Friday or 3 days per week.
Hours vary by school location, 15-20 hours per week and all shifts available.
If you enjoy children and want to make a difference in a child’s life, please apply online at mortongroveparks.com, questions contact Laura Kee 847-965-0538
- Assist in the scheduling, organizing and implementation of the daily activities
- Develop and lead new and creative activities.
- Promote the philosophy of the B.A.S.E program.
- Enforce all B.A.S.E. program rules and regulations.
- Be a good role model for all B.A.S.E. participants.
- Maintain site in a well-groomed manner
Several shifts available.
Position Type: Parks/Maintenance Technician
Apply: Job ID:436
The Seasonal Parks Laborer is a temporary position from approximately April – November. The hours are 7:00am – 3:30pm and may include weekends. $12.00 per hour DOE
High school diploma or equivalent required. One-year previous building custodial experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Mowing park district turf.
- Operation of park district vehicles and machinery.
- General road repair: asphalt patching.
- Turf maintenance – seeding, aerating, weed eradicating.
- Planting and trimming of trees and shrubs.
- Sports field preparation including dragging, rolling and marking lines.
- Removing all garbage and refuse materials from parks and facilities.
- Positive interaction and cooperation with all staff and the public.
- Routine parks, facilities, and equipment cleaning maintenance and repairs.
- Participation in the Park District Safety Program and its directives.
- Meets and deals with the public in a professional, helpful and pleasant manner.
Acts as a good will ambassador for the District at all times.
Maintains a professional, cooperative working relationship with other staff members.
Must be available by district cell phone at all times.