Click Here to Apply to Current Job Openings
Join our team…Have fun!
Imagine the excitement and satisfaction of what you can do and the difference you can make in the life of others.
- The Morton Grove Park District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer a variety of full-time, part-time, seasonal, internship, and volunteer opportunities.
- We are looking for service focused team members who know the importance of community.
- We strictly adhere to an online application process. If you are interested in applying for an opportunity, you must complete the online job application. (link below)
- Your online application will be kept for one year after completion.
- Due to the amount of applications that we receive, after submitting your online application, you will be sent an e-mail message confirming the successful submission of your application. You will be contacted only if we are considering you for a specific position.
The Morton Grove Park District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment with the Park District is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, age, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, national origin, martial status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Dance Assistant JobID: 437 (Click here to apply)
Recreation/Dance Assistant (Substitute)
Prairie View Community Center
Under the direction of Recreation Supervisor and Dance Coordinator. Dance assistants are responsible for assisting teachers. Demonstrate techniques and methods of dance as directed by teacher. Assist in class control and management.
Must be available Wednesday 4:00 pm – 7:30 pm, and Thursday from 3:15 pm – 5:45 pm.
Qualifications: 16 years old, Member of Starbound Dance Company and 1-2 years dance experience preferred. Ability to work independently and creatively. Pleasant and friendly personality. Must provide a work permit if under the age of 16. Must be CPR, First Aid/AED certified. (will train)
Arrive in studio no earlier than 15 minutes prior to the start of your first class for preparation.
Responsible for daily set up and clean up of studio.
Maintain materials and storage areas.
Maintain a classroom atmosphere that is conducive to learning.
Meet regular and predictable attendance requirements.
Maintain professional competence in dance techniques.
Assist in preparing students to perform dances for the annual dance recital.
Work as a team with the dance staff to achieve the overall purpose of the program.
Demonstrate good communication skills teaching a classroom.
Submit availability for class scheduling purposes when requested.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
Fill in as a substitute for other assistants if possible.
Greet parents and students.
Display a cooperative, positive attitude when working with staff and students.
Provide a positive interaction and communication with the children.
When communicating and interacting with parents employee should focus on professional courtesies, regarding Dance Program activities and information only.
Maintain a knowledge of park policies, confidentiality of student and staff records and information, and loyalty to park district.
At no time should an assistant be in a closed room alone with a child, either another child, parent or staff member should be present.
Do not release a child to anyone without written permission from the parents.
Keep in consideration all safety guidelines and procedures.
BASE/B4 Team Leader
The Base/B4 Team Leader is responsible for maintaining the daily operation of the program site to which assigned.
Job ID: 450 Apply
Date Posted: 2/7/2019
Location: Hynes School
At least 21 years of age with a High School diploma or equivalent. CPR/AED and First Aid certifications required (will train). Experience in before school/afterschool childcare programming preferred. Skills needed include supervision, lesson planning, record keeping, and communication.
The BASE/B4 Team Leader is responsible to the Recreation Supervisor.
- Supervise all staff on site.
- Assist in the scheduling, organizing, and implementation of the daily activities at the assigned before school/afterschool site.
- Participates and leads activities as needed.
- Organize and lead weekly staff meeting.
- Build and maintain staff morale.
- Assist in handling discipline problems as they arise.
- Maintain communication with staff, children, parents, and school administrators.
- Responsible for inventory of equipment.
- Monitor/inspect site to insure participant’s safety.
- Perform all job tasks within the rules and guidelines of the District’s safety program. Using good safety awareness and judgement.
Starting $12.00 DOE
Position Type: Recreation
Date Posted: 2/14/2018
Location: Prairie View Community Center
Summary: Provide weekly music lessons to students of all ages and abilities.
Bachelor’s degree in Music. 2-3 years of experience teaching students at the beginner, intermediate, and advanced levels. Must possess strong communication skills and effective personal skills for working with students who range from young children to adults.
1. Provide 30 minute to 60 minute weekly music lessons to students all ages and abilities.
2. Assess student skill and music knowledge during the initial meeting.
3. Provide appropriate teaching of music theory and instrument instruction so that students can progress toward their musical goal.
4. Prepare students for student recitals.
5. Communication with students regarding concerns, missed classes, etc.
6. Have effective time management skills to ensure that classes are met on time.
7. Be highly organized to keep track of any changes to their weekly schedule.
Starting $25.00 DOE
MUST BE AVAILABLE ON SATURDAY MORNINGS.
Apply online at mortongroveparks.com