Click Here to Apply to Current Job Openings
Join our team…Have fun!
Imagine the excitement and satisfaction of what you can do and the difference you can make in the life of others.
- The Morton Grove Park District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer a variety of full-time, part-time, seasonal, internship, and volunteer opportunities.
- We are looking for service focused team members who know the importance of community.
- We strictly adhere to an online application process. If you are interested in applying for an opportunity, you must complete the online job application. (link below)
- Your online application will be kept for one year after completion.
- Due to the amount of applications that we receive, after submitting your online application, you will be sent an e-mail message confirming the successful submission of your application. You will be contacted only if we are considering you for a specific position.
The Morton Grove Park District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment with the Park District is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, age, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, national origin, martial status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
- Base - Afterschool Team Member
- Gymnastics Coach
- Rental Attendent
- Softball Field Supervisor
- Gymnasium Attendent
- Personal Trainer
- Fitness Attendent
Base Team Member – Afterschool Program
JOB ID: 484 Click here to apply
Afterschool Team Member
Job Description: The Afterschool Team Member is responsible for the supervision and safety of all
At least 16 years of age. Experience working with children is preferred. Enthusiastic, energetic,
and patient individual is needed. CPR, First Aid/AED certification a must (will train in house)
The Team Member is responsible to the Before/Afterschool Team Leader.
1. Plan, direct and supervise activities for children.
2. Promote the philosophy of the Beforeschool/Afterschool Program.
3. Enforce all program rules and regulations.
4. Maintain site in a well-groomed manner.
5. Participate in all meetings and workshops.
6. Use all beforeschool/afterschool equipment in a safe and proper manner.
7. Complete all other duties as assigned.
8. Implement and lead new and creative activities.
9. Be a good role model for all beforeschool/afterschool participants.
The team member may need to resolve differences and problems that may arise between
Must have the ability to lift 40 pounds.
Activities are performed both indoors and outdoors. Environmental considerations can include
but are not limited to weather conditions and building maintenance and/or construction.
Must possess good safety awareness and judgment. Must be friendly and like to work with
people of all ages, abilities, and backgrounds
Click here to apply
The Gymnastics Coach is responsible for assisting the Gymnastics Coordinator with the facilitation of curriculum
while providing safe and fun learning experiences for participants in the park district gymnastic program. This
position must have the ability to work effectively with patrons, park district staff, and volunteers while
demonstrating a professional and positive attitude. This is a part-time/seasonal position that may require duties
in the medium/heavy work level lifting between 45-75lbs (spotting).
Candidate must be at least 16 years old. Experience with gymnastics as well as previous child-oriented experience
preferred. CPR, AED, and First Aid certifications are required (will provide necessary training).
The Gymnastics Coach is accountable to the Recreation Supervisor – Athletics.
1. Assists Gymnastics Coordinator with class implementation by providing adequate skills and drills for
2. Supervises the progress of gymnastics participants in classes.
3. Maintains effective communication with participants and parents.
4. Presents new ideas regarding gymnastics to Recreation Supervisor – Athletics and Gymnastics Coordinator.
5. Adheres to Park District Personnel and Safety Policies.
6. Takes proper care of equipment and immediately notifies the Recreation Supervisor – Athletics of any
equipment issues, concerns, or malfunctions.
7. Other duties as assigned by the Recreation Supervisor – Athletics.
1. Must arrive 15 minutes before class begins to set up for the activities.
2. Lead or assist in warm ups.
3. Teach and assist participants in class skills according to their abilities.
4. Must keep children engaged throughout the entire class.
5. Must be willing to improvise, adapt, and create a safe environment.
6. Act as a role model while in class and encourage children to work up to their potential.
7. Spot children during activities to avoid or lessen potential injuries.
7. Assist with planning of classes to achieve children’s progression throughout each level.
8. Record class attendance and class make ups.
9. Oversee classes occurring at all program locations.
The Gymnastics Coach may need to resolve differences and problems that arise with the children or parents or
instructors. May also have to work under stressful situations when First Aid, CPR or the AED is required.
This position requires lifting of gym mats and equipment and also lifting and spotting the participants.
The ability to use good judgment is necessary as well as a positive, friendly, and outgoing personality.
Pay: Starting $12.00 per hour, commensurate with experience.
Job ID: 438 Click here to apply
Position Type: Parks
The Rental Attendant is responsible for the operation of any and all rentals taking place at the Prairie View Community Center. The Rental Attendant is responsible for performing essential functions as outlined in this analysis. This is a part-time position working 8-10 hours a rental, working a maximum of two rentals a week, usually on Saturdays and Sundays.
Minimum age for position is 16 years old. Common sense, good judgment, good customer relations and communication are necessary for this position. Must be able to lift moderate weight (25 lbs.) when setting up tables and chairs. Certification in CPR/AED and First Aid is necessary (will train in-house).
Set up and take down tables and chairs per agreement with rental contract and set up room for next use.
Clean and sanitize tables and chairs.
Remove and dispose of garbage.
Dust and wet mop floors, vacuum carpet in upstairs hallway.
Clean and sanitize restrooms.
Assist with removal of all decorations.
Clean and sanitize kitchen area when rental group departs.
Check building for unlocked doors and secure all doors upon departure. Set alarm if necessary.
Complete necessary safety document if necessary e.g. accident or incident report and leave report with immediate supervisor.
Always perform and complete tasks in a safe manner.
Keep entrance areas clean and obstruction free from garbage, snow, etc. for rental participants to access the building.
Initiate elevator operation upon entering building and turn off after rental.
Become familiar with building mechanical systems. (community room, activity room, or gym)
Keep rental group in confines of rented space.
Enforce all rules set by the Morton Grove Park District rental contract, calling for assistance of police if necessary.
Complete additional tasks as assigned by Supervisor.
$10.00 an hour
Position Type: Softball Field Supervisor
Location: Harrer Park Fields
Click here to apply
The Softball Field Supervisor is responsible for providing a safe play area through set up, supervision and general maintenance.
This is a seasonal/part-time position.
Must be 16 years of age with a strong interest in sports. This position requires certification in CPR/AED and first aid (will train). Regular and reliable attendance, strong communication, active listening, and conflict resolution skills required.
Immediate Supervisor: The Softball Field Supervisor is accountable to the Recreation Supervisor – Athletics.
1. Be first onsite to set up bases, pitching mounds, and scorecards.
2. Confer with officials to enforce game rules.
3. Communicate with team captains and players.
4. Remain onsite during games to troubleshoot any issues that may arise.
5. Will be last to leave after putting away equipment and submitting score reports to
Recreation Supervisor via email.
6. Provides feedback and communicates issues of importance.
7. Provides first aid as necessary.
8. Adhere to all Morton Grove Park District policies, procedures, and safety standards.
9. Other duties as assigned.
May need to resolve differences and problems that arise with players and patrons. Must maintain a safe and well-organized league. May have to work under stressful conditions such as close games, inclement weather, emergencies, or other unexpected situations.
All activities are performed outside. The weather can vary from cold, wet, hot, humid, rain etc.
Must possess good safety awareness and judgement. Must be friendly with ability to work with people of all ages.
Must have the ability to lift 45 pounds. May need to respond quickly to an emergenc
Must have the ability to lift 45 pounds. May need to respond quickly to an emergency.
Pay Starting $13.00 per hour
Monday and Friday evenings, 9/10-10/29
Position Type: Recreation/Gym Attendent
Click here to apply online
Location: Prairie View Community Center
Job Description: The Gym Attendent is responsible for maintaining order in the gymnasium during rentals. The
Gym Attendant is responsible for performing essential functions as outlined in this analysis. This is a part-time position with a variable schedule (dependent on rental schedule) working up to 15 hours a week, primarily in the evenings. The Gym Attendant may perform duties in the
medium work level (lifting to 45 lbs.)
Qualifications: Minimum age for this position is 16 years old. CPR and First Aid certification necessary (will
Immediate Supervisor: The Gym Attendent is directly responsible to the Recreation Supervisor – Athletics.
1. Supervise gymnasium by always having full control of gym.
2. Must be willing and able to enforce the “No Tolerance” policy, calling for assistance
from police, if necessary.
3. Log number of people using the gym ensuring compliance with occupancy limits.
4. Ensure use of gym by Club Fitness members or paid rental guests only.
5. Monitor the hall outside of the gym.
6. Inspect gym at beginning and end of shift for debris, broken rims etc. Notify supervisor if
repairs are needed.
7. Make sure storage closets are locked, stage lights are turned off, and stage doors are
8. Dust mop gym floor, wipe down mats, and turn off selected lights after all patrons have
9. The gym attendant is prohibited from any form of play while on duty.
10. Complete additional tasks as assigned by supervisor.
Must enforce the Rule of Gym as follows:
1. After administering first aid (including giving an ice pack) an accident report must be
filled out completely.
2. For safety reasons, do not leave gym attendant’s chair in gym after shift.
3. No street shoes allowed in gym.
4. No dunking allowed on courts.
5. No food or drinks in the gym beside water.
Psychological Considerations: The gym attendent may need to resolve differences and problems that arise with basketball
players. The gym attendant is responsible for a safe and well-organized environment. May have to work under stressful situations when first aid or CPR are required. May need to ask
players to abide by club rules.
Physiological Considerations: Must have the ability to lift 45 lbs. (assisting with clean up of gymnastics equipment etc.)
May need to respond quickly to an emergency.
Environmental Considerations: All activities are performed indoors. These environmental conditions include lighting and temperature.
Cognitive Considerations: Must possess good safety awareness and judgment. Must be friendly and like to work with
people of all ages.
Pay: $13.00 per hour.
Questions: Please direct any questions to Daniel Bregman, Recreation Supervisor – Athletics at 847-965-0217 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Type: Fitness/Personal Trainer
Location: Prairie View Community Center
Job ID: 483 Click here to apply
The Personal Trainer is responsible for creating customized workouts for members/clients that meet their individual health goals in a safe manner. A Personal Trainer is responsible for creating positive and encouraging relationships with each member/client.
High School diploma or equivalent. Maintain a Personal Training Certification in ACSM or
equivalent. CPR/AED and First Aid certification necessary (will train).
The Personal Trainer is under the direction of the Recreation Supervisor.
1. Create personalized workouts for each client that meets their individual goals.
2. Create a workout that is safe and considers the entire park districts safety standard as
well as the client’s personal limitations. Complete accident/Incident reports when
3. Verify training sessions with customer service.
4. Demonstrate appropriate and safe exercises and spot client during workout. Secure a spotter if beyond trainers lifting capability.
5. Communicate with clients on their personal training schedule.
Personal Trainer must be patient in dealing with the public.
The Personal Trainer may also have to work under stressful situations when First Aid or
CPR/AED is required.
Must have the ability to lift 45 lbs.
May need to respond quickly to an emergency.
All activities are performed indoors. These environmental conditions include lighting and
Job ID: 482 Click here to apply
Position Type: Fitness
Location: Prairie View Community Center
The Fitness Attendant is responsible for fitness center supervision. The Fitness Attendant is responsible for performing the essential functions as outlined in this analysis. This is a part time position working up to 15 hours a week.
High School diploma or equivalent. Knowledge of fitness equipment and exercise programs required. CPR, First Aid AED certification required. (Will train in house)
The Fitness Attendant is responsible to the Recreation Supervisor.
1. Supervise fitness center, focusing on providing members with a positive and safe
2. Ensure the facility is clean and the equipment is in good working condition. Notice and
report any concerns regarding equipment, fitness room, locker rooms, policies,
members, etc. in a timely matter to the supervisor.
3. Maintain rapport with members, have contact with each member every visit.
4. Orientate members to fitness equipment and demonstrate appropriate and safe
5. Assist members with exercise programs on an ongoing basis.
6. Assist with towel service and fitness center maintenance and cleaning.
7. Help with special events and programs.
8. Attend staff training programs.
9. Follow safety manual procedures.
10. Complete additional tasks when assigned.
11. . The Fitness Attendant may perform duties in the medium work level (lifting up to 45lbs.)
The Fitness Attendant may need to resolve differences and problems that arise with members
and employees. The Fitness Attendant is responsible for safe and well-organized fitness
programs. May also have to work under stressful situations when First Aid or CPR is required.
May need to ask members to abide by club rules.