Click Here to Apply to Current Job Openings
Join our team…Have fun!
Imagine the excitement and satisfaction of what you can do and the difference you can make in the life of others.
- The Morton Grove Park District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer a variety of full-time, part-time, seasonal, internship, and volunteer opportunities.
- We are looking for service focused team members who know the importance of community.
- We strictly adhere to an online application process. If you are interested in applying for an opportunity, you must complete the online job application. (link below)
- Your online application will be kept for one year after completion.
- Due to the amount of applications that we receive, after submitting your online application, you will be sent an e-mail message confirming the successful submission of your application. You will be contacted only if we are considering you for a specific position.
The Morton Grove Park District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment with the Park District is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, age, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, national origin, martial status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Position Type: Preschool/Preschool Aid
Date Posted: 6/13/2019
Location: Austin Park
The Preschool Aide will act as support staff to the Preschool Teacher, assisting whenever necessary. The Aide shall assist in the planning, organizing and conducting of preschool classroom activities on a day-day basis.
Must be 21 years of age. Work experience in a preschool/early childhood setting is preferred. Ability to work independently and creatively. CPR and first aid certifications required or will train.
Must be available Monday through Friday 8am – noon, or Monday through Friday 8:15 – 2:30..
- To assist in the planning of the program and activities of the children.
- Will initiate, interact and encourage children in a variety of activities throughout the day
- Assist the Teacher in planning and preparing daily and weekly lesson plans. May be responsible for designing own lesson plan with the consent of the Teacher.
- Uses appropriate and positive discipline.
- Assist the Teacher by passing on observations regarding the children’s health, behavior and development.
- Arrive and depart on time.
- Attend regularly scheduled staff meetings.
- To assist the Teacher in designing and putting up decorations on bulletin boards.
- To assist in maintaining classroom supplies. Complete work orders for special classroom set-ups (minimum 1 week in advance).
- To assist in maintaining a clean and organized classroom.
- May be asked to assist in other classrooms.
- Prepare the classroom prior to the school year and clean up at the completion of the school year.
- Direct and assist parent helpers in preparing materials and classroom for daily use.
- Supervise the use and care of Park District supplies, equipment and facilities.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with parents, recreation supervisor, co-workers and the community.
- Complete an Accident Report form for all injuries to children while in attendance at preschool, and inform supervisor immediately.
- Submit time card and payment requests in timely manner.
- Maintain up-to-date records on students including emergency information.
$10.00 – $13.00 DOE
Dance Instructor JobID: 411 (Click here to apply)
Position Type: Recreation
Date Posted: 5/30/2019
Location: Prairie View Community Center
Dance instructors are responsible for instructing students in ballet, hip hop, creative movement, poms, lyrical and other forms of dance as determined by the supervisor. Dance teachers plan their dance program to meets students’need. Explain and demonstrate techniques and methods of dance, drill pupils in execution of dance steps, choreograph and direct dance performances according to the style of dancing taught. Participate in the planning and execution of the annual dance recital.
Must be18 years old. Ability to work independently and creatively. Pleasant and friendly personality.
Responsible for daily set up and clean up of studio. Maintain materials and storage areas. Develop lesson plans to include a balanced dance program, organize daily class time that preparation, rehearsal, and instruction can be accomplished within the allotted time. Evaluate each students performance an technique. Other tasks as assigned.
Must be available Thursdays from 3 pm – 8 pm
Starting $19.50 per hour depending on experience.
BASE/B4 Team Leader
The Base/B4 Team Leader is responsible for maintaining the daily operation of the program site to which assigned.
Job ID: 450 Apply
Date Posted: 2/7/2019
Location: Hynes School
At least 21 years of age with a High School diploma or equivalent. CPR/AED and First Aid certifications required (will train). Experience in before school/afterschool childcare programming preferred. Skills needed include supervision, lesson planning, record keeping, and communication.
The BASE/B4 Team Leader is responsible to the Recreation Supervisor.
- Supervise all staff on site.
- Assist in the scheduling, organizing, and implementation of the daily activities at the assigned before school/afterschool site.
- Participates and leads activities as needed.
- Organize and lead weekly staff meeting.
- Build and maintain staff morale.
- Assist in handling discipline problems as they arise.
- Maintain communication with staff, children, parents, and school administrators.
- Responsible for inventory of equipment.
- Monitor/inspect site to insure participant’s safety.
- Perform all job tasks within the rules and guidelines of the District’s safety program. Using good safety awareness and judgement.
Starting $12.00 DOE
Position Type: Recreation
Date Posted: 2/14/2018
Location: Prairie View Community Center
Summary: Provide weekly music lessons to students of all ages and abilities.
Bachelor’s degree in Music. 2-3 years of experience teaching students at the beginner, intermediate, and advanced levels. Must possess strong communication skills and effective personal skills for working with students who range from young children to adults.
1. Provide 30 minute to 60 minute weekly music lessons to students all ages and abilities.
2. Assess student skill and music knowledge during the initial meeting.
3. Provide appropriate teaching of music theory and instrument instruction so that students can progress toward their musical goal.
4. Prepare students for student recitals.
5. Communication with students regarding concerns, missed classes, etc.
6. Have effective time management skills to ensure that classes are met on time.
7. Be highly organized to keep track of any changes to their weekly schedule.
Starting $25.00 DOE
MUST BE AVAILABLE ON SATURDAY MORNINGS.
Apply online at mortongroveparks.com