About the Morton Grove Park District
The Morton Grove Park District has been providing memorable experiences in parks and recreation since its inception in 1951. Located 10 miles northwest of Chicago, the District serves an active and engaging community of 23,000. As a separate municipal governing agency, the District is responsible for providing parks, facilities, and recreational programs for the community.
The organization is led by five (5) elected park commissioners, 24 full-time staff, and nearly 200 seasonal and part-time employees. The district owns and maintains ten facilities including two outdoor pools, a museum, four field houses, a 50,000-square-foot community center, and 14 parks totaling over 70 acres.
The District is a member of the Illinois Park and Recreation Association (IPRA) and the Illinois Association of Park Districts (IAPD). The District also contracts with the Maine Niles Association of Special Recreation to provide for recreational services to individuals with Special Needs.
District Mission Statement
Morton Grove Park District is committed to complementing our community’s quality of life, economic capacity, health, and wellness through recreational opportunities while protecting natural resources.