Join our team…Have fun!
Imagine the excitement and satisfaction of what you can do and the difference you can make in the life of others.
- The Morton Grove Park District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer a variety of full-time, part-time, seasonal, internship, and volunteer opportunities.
- We are looking for service focused team members who know the importance of community.
- We strictly adhere to an online application process. If you are interested in applying for an opportunity, you must complete the online job application. (link below)
- Your online application will be kept for one year after completion.
- Due to the amount of applications that we receive, after submitting your online application, you will be sent an e-mail message confirming the successful submission of your application. You will be contacted only if we are considering you for a specific position.
The Morton Grove Park District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment with the Park District is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, age, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, national origin, martial status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Available Job Opportunities
Fitness Center Attendant
Position Type: Recreation/Fitness Center Attendant
Location: Prairie View Community Center
Job 504 Click here to apply
The Fitness Attendant is responsible for fitness center supervision. The Fitness Attendant is responsible for performing the essential functions as outlined in this analysis.
This is a part-time position working up to 15 hours a week.
High School diploma or equivalent. Knowledge of fitness equipment and exercise programs required. CPR, First Aid AED certification required. (will train in house)
The Fitness Attendant is responsible to the Recreation Supervisor.
– Supervise fitness center, focusing on providing members with a positive and safe experience.
– Ensure the facility is clean and the equipment is in good working condition. Notice and report any concerns regarding equipment, fitness room, locker rooms, policies, members, etc. in a timely matter to the supervisor.
– Maintain rapport with members, have contact with each member every visit.
– Orientate members to fitness equipment and demonstrate appropriate and safe exercises.
– Assist members with exercise programs on an ongoing basis.
– Assist with towel service and fitness center maintenance and cleaning.
– Help with special events and programs.
– Attend staff training programs.
– Follow safety manual procedures.
– Complete additional tasks when assigned.
– The Fitness Attendant may perform duties in the medium work level (lifting up to 45 lbs.)
The Fitness Attendant may need to resolve differences and problems that arise with members and employees. The Fitness Attendant is responsible for safe and well-organized fitness programs. May also have to work under stressful situations when First Aid or CPR is required. May need to ask members to abide by club rules.
Must have the ability to lift 45 lbs. May need to respond quickly to an emergency.
All activities are performed indoors. These environmental conditions include lighting and temperature.
Must possess good safety awareness and judgment. Must be friendly and like to work with people of all ages.
$13.00 per hour
Location: Prairie View Community Center
JobID: 498 Click here to apply
Job Description: A Personal Trainer is responsible for creating customized workouts for members/clients that meet their individual health goals in a safe manner. A Personal Trainer is responsible for creating positive and encouraging relationships with each member/client.
Qualifications: High School diploma or equivalent. Maintain a Personal Training Certification in ACSM or equivalent. CPR/AED and First Aid certification necessary (will train).
Immediate Supervisor: The Personal Trainer is under the direction of the Recreation Supervisor.
Essential Functions: 1. Create personalized workouts for each client that meets their individual goals.
2. Create a workout that is safe and considers the entire park districts safety standard as well as the client’s personal limitations. Complete accident/Incident reports when necessary.
3. Verify training sessions with customer service.
4. Demonstrate appropriate and safe exercises and spot client during workout. Secure a spotter if beyond trainers lifting capability.
5. Communicate with clients on their personal training schedule.
Psychological Considerations: Personal Trainer must be patient in dealing with the public.
The Personal Trainer may also have to work under stressful situations when First Aid or CPR/AED is required.
Physiological Considerations: Must have the ability to lift 45 lbs. May need to respond quickly to an emergency. Environmental Considerations: All activities are performed indoors. These environmental conditions include lighting and temperature.
Cognitive Considerations: Must possess good safety awareness and judgment.
Must be friendly and like to work with people of all ages.
$31 per hour
Job ID: 492 Click here to apply
Job Description Summary:
Under the direction of Recreation Supervisor and Dance Coordinator.
Dance teachers are responsible for instructing students in ballet, tap, jazz, hip hop and other forms of dance as determined by the supervisor.
Dance teachers plan their dance program to meet students’ needs. Explain and demonstrate techniques and methods of dance, drill pupils in execution of dance steps, choreograph and direct dance performances according to style of dancing taught. Participate in the planning and execution of the annual dance recital. Qualifications: Must be at least 21 years old. Degree in Dance or Education with dance experience preferred. Experienced in dance performance required and teaching experience preferred. Ability to work independently and creatively. Pleasant and friendly personality.
1. Arrive in studio no earlier than 15 minutes prior to the start of your first class for preparation.
2. Responsible for daily set up and cleanup of studio.
3. Maintain materials and storage areas.
4. Develop lesson plans to include a balanced dance program, organize daily class time so that preparation, rehearsal and instruction can be accomplished within the allotted time.
5. Evaluate each student’s performance and technique.
6. Keep appropriate records including attendance reports, emergency forms, costume orders and other records as necessary.
7. Maintain a classroom atmosphere that is conducive to learning.
8. Meet regular and predictable attendance requirements.
9. Participate in staff meetings.
10. Maintain professional competence in dance techniques.
11. Prepare students to perform dances for the annual dance recital and summer showcase.
12. Select music and costumes for each dance performance.
13. Keep an open line of communication with the parents of students, keeping them informed as to the progress of their child.
14. Work as a team with the dance staff to achieve the overall purpose of the program.
15. Demonstrate good communication skills teaching a classroom.
16. Be able to get across information in a clear manner.
17. Submit availability for class scheduling purposes when requested.
18. Performs other related duties as assigned.
19. Fill in as a substitute for other teachers if possible.
20. Greet parents and students.
21. Fill out accident reports as needed.
22. Display a cooperative, positive attitude when working with staff and students.
23. When communicating and interacting with parents employee should focus on professional courtesies, regarding Dance Program activities and information only.
24. Maintain a knowledge of park policies, confidentiality of student and staff records and information, and loyalty to park district.
25. At no time should an instructor assistant be in a closed room alone with a child, either another child, parent or staff member should be present.
26. Do not release a child to anyone without written permission from the parents.
27. Choreograph and participate in Starbound dance competitions if assigned.
1. Responsible for certain aspects of the annual spring dance recital as assigned.
2. Spring and summer dance recital includes but not limited to measuring students for costumes, music and costume selection, choreography, music taping, stage lighting needs, and student direction at the dress rehearsal and recital.
1. Ability to demonstrate technique, skills and choreography.
2. Frequently sitting and walking.
3. Occasionally balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching and reaching. Environmental
1. Employee general work area is indoors, in a smoke fee, open office environment with controlled temperature and fluorescent lighting. 2. Employee may be exposed to a variety of communicable diseases to include exposure to the potential of blood borne pathogens in a number of settings and areas within the Park District area.
1. Employee must be able to listen, hear and speak.
2. Use of hands and fingers will regularly be required, and the ability to stand, sit and walk for extended periods of time.
1. Worker must be able to use good safety awareness and judgment.
2. Worker must be able to participate in safety related training as required.
3. Worker must be able to follow direction from supervisor with safe and effective follow through.
$19.00 – $31.00 per hour
Maintenance Technician – Part Time
JobID: 471 Click here to apply
Position Type: Parks/Maintenance Technician
Location: Prairie View Community Center
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing a variety of tasks to maintain the cleanliness, general appearance indoors and outdoors, and the efficient maintenance operation of the Prairie View Community Center. Occasionally the Custodian will be required to perform other tasks and repairs. The Night Maintenance Technician is a part time position, must be available 6:00pm – until 11:00pm.
High School or Trade School graduate with one year of janitorial or building mechanical equipment maintenance experience. Must be self motivated with good judgment and works independently. Must possess a valid driver’s license with no license revocation or suspension within the last three years. Ability to perform strenuous and varied physical activity, including but not limited to, extensive lifting, standing, walking and climbing. A pre-placement physical is required.
The Maintenance Technician is under the direct supervision of the Facility Foreman.
– Custodial tasks necessary to maintain a clean appearance both on the outside and inside of the Community Center including snow and ice removal.
– Routine maintenance which includes: cleaning, mopping, scrubbing, waxing, vacuuming, dusting and washing any and all floors, walls, windows, carpeting, washroom fixtures, tables, chairs and any other permanent or movable item or fixture located in the Center facility.
– To check the entire building, both upper and lower level, at periodic intervals during working hours for safety, security and maintenance reasons.
– Must take proper safety precautions and be aware of potential and existing hazards on the job and attempt to eliminate them.
– Positive interaction and cooperation with all Park District staff, the public and facility patrons.
– Clean all areas as instructed by Foreman and complete checklists.
– Perform additional duties as assigned
– Cleaning of second level, Administration Offices, may be necessary when requested.
– Take down set ups and clean for parties, rentals, and special events.
Worker works unsupervised and may need to seek out supervision when it is needed.
Worker is exposed to odors from cleaning supplies.
Worker is exposed to cold due to automatic temperature control of building during the evening and weekend hours. Worker is exposed to cold, snow and ice when assisting in snow and ice removal at the Center.
Worker must be able to follow directions, both oral and written. Worker must be able to read and write. Worker must use good safety awareness and judgment and follow safety protocol.
Starting $15.00 per hour
Job ID: 493 Click here to apply
Provide weekly music lessons to students of all ages and abilities.
Bachelor’s degree in Music. Music Education, Music Performance 2-3 years of experience teaching students at the beginner, intermediate, and advanced levels.
Must possess strong communication skills and effective personal skills for working with students who range from young children to adults.
Supervisor The Voice Instructor reports to the Recreation Supervisor.
1. Provide 30 minute to 60 minute weekly voice lessons to students all ages and abilities.
2. Assess student skill and music knowledge during initial meeting.
3. Provide appropriate teaching of music theory and instrument instruction so that students can progress toward their musical goal.
4. Prepare students for student recitals.
5. Communication with students regarding concerns, missed classes, etc.
6. Have effective time management skills to ensure that classes are met on time.
7. Be highly organized to keep track of any changes to their weekly schedule.
1. The Voice Instructor is responsible for a safe and well-organized class.
1. May be required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds when setting up class or recital.
1. Must possess good safety awareness and judgment.
2. Must be friendly and like to work with people of all ages.
3. Employee must listen, hear and speak.
4. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
1. Worker must be able to follow direction from supervisor or with safe and effective follow through.
2. Worker must be able to use good safety and awareness and judgment.
3. Worker must be able to participate in safety related trainings as required.
$23.00-$35 per hour
Job ID 500 Click here to apply
Position Type: Recreation Before school / After school Care Team Members
Date Posted: 6/30/2022
Location: Park View School and Hynes School
The Before school/After school Team Member is responsible for the supervision and safety of all program participants.
At least 16 years of age. Experience working with children is preferred. Enthusiastic, energetic, and patient individual is needed. CPR, First Aid/AED certification a must (will train in house)
The Team Member is responsible to the Before/Afterschool Team Leader.
Plan, direct and supervise activities for children.
Promote the philosophy of the Beforeschool/Afterschool Program.
Enforce all program rules and regulations.
Maintain site in a well-groomed manner.
Participate in all meetings and workshops.
Use all beforeschool/afterschool equipment in a safe and proper manner.
Complete all other duties as assigned.
Implement and lead new and creative activities.
Be a good role model for all beforeschool/afterschool participants.
The team member may need to resolve differences and problems that may arise between children.
Must have the ability to lift 40 pounds.
Activities are performed both indoors and outdoors. Environmental considerations can include but are not limited to weather conditions and building maintenance and/or construction.
Must possess good safety awareness and judgment. Must be friendly and like to work with people of all ages, abilities, and backgrounds.
$13.00 Per Hour
BASE Site Supervisor
Job ID 499 Click here to apply
Position Type: Recreation After school Care Team Members
Date Posted: 6/30/2022
Location: Hynes School
The Base Site Supervisor is responsible for maintaining the daily operation of the program site.
At least 21 years of age with a High School diploma or equivalent. CPR/AED and First Aid
certifications are required (will train). Experience in afterschool childcare programming
preferred. Skills needed include supervision, lesson planning, record keeping, and
The BASE Site Supervisor reports to the Recreation Supervisor.
1. Supervise all staff on site.
2. Assist in the scheduling, organizing, and implementing of daily activities at the assigned
3. Participates in and leads activities as needed.
4. Organize and lead monthly staff meetings.
5. Build and maintain staff morale.
6. Assist in handling discipline problems as they arise.
7. Maintain communication with staff, children, parents, and school administrators.
8. Responsible for inventory of equipment.
9. Monitor/inspect the site to ensure participants’ safety.
10. Perform all job tasks within the rules and guidelines of the district’s safety program.
Using good safety awareness and judgment.
The BASE Site Supervisor may need to resolve differences and problems with staff, parents,
children, and school teaching staff. This position is responsible for an organized and safe
program. This position may work under stressful situations when CPR or First Aid is necessary.
Must have the ability to lift 40 pounds.
Activities are performed both indoors and outdoors. Conditions can include but are not limited
to weather conditions and building maintenance and/or construction.